The HOW Group Page, Arizona
We have come to believe He would like us to keep our heads in the clouds with Him, but that our feet ought to be firmly planted on earth. That is where our fellow travelers are, and that is where our work must be done.”
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 130
The Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous
- If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.
- We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
- We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
- We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.
- No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
- That feeling of uselessness and self pity will disappear.
- We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
- Self-seeking will slip away.
- Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
- Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
- We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
- We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
- Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us―sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
© PageAA.org - All Rights Reserved.
Alcoholics Anonymous®, A.A.®, and The Big Book® are registered
trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.